Wednesday, March 9, 2011

5 Things I Have Learned So Far This Year

Ok, I know I haven't done a blog post in forever, but don't go out and buy your pitchforks and flaming torches yet. The reason is because since the colossal earthquake on February 22, I've been really tired and haven't really felt like doing much. Of course I've helped shovel tonnes of silt out of peoples properties, but that's about it. I haven't actually done much reading or writing. Knowing that the ground could jolt under you at any second really drains your energy.

Actually I only just started working on my novel again on Sunday, but since then I've done quite a lot of work, and answered quite a lot of back-story questions. I mean, I've done heaps. It looks like I've bounced back from inability to do nothing all day.

So with my excuse (ahem, reason) out of the way, and with no further ado, I thought I would grace you all with the top five things I have learned so far this year:


  1. Be home in time for dinner, otherwise Dad will embarrass you by going around to your friends' houses and asking them if they know where you are.
  2. The earth moves. And even six months later, it still moves.
  3. Loyalty trumps desire.
  4. When your phone is stolen (or just disappears) and your bike is wrecked on the same day, it probably means that someone doesn't like you.
  5. Ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire. Or on another monitor. Or if you're power level is over 9000. Check it out: Ninjas can't catch you if ... - Google Images

And due to the fact that this post is so far without pictures, here is a dragon:


The end.

1 comment:

Your comments are awesome. I usually reply to each one individually, so please click the "Subscribe by Email" button or check back here in a few days to see my response. Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...